Everybody loves fall. If you love traditional pumpkin pie in the fall or - dare we mention - Thanksgiving, Vafels has the recipe for you to elevate your status at the dessert table with a delectable, unique pumpkin pie recipe. Hint: it’s all in the crust.
Don’t forget to stock up on a couple of packs of Caramel or Maple Stroopvafels. This recipe calls for 12 Stroopvafels, so consider getting two so you have enough!
First, you’ll need a filling for your pie. If you'd like to keep it vegan, try this vegan pumpkin pie recipe from foodwithfeeling.com. If vegan isn't your thing, no problem, any pumpkin pie filling recipe will work.
Now for the fun part: the unstoppable Stroopvafel pie crust.
- First, preheat your oven to 425 degrees.
- Grease your 9-½ inch pie pan, we suggest using vegan butter, oil, or even a layer with parchment paper.
- Begin by adding 12 Stroopwafels to a bowl and crushing them up. Mix until you get a crumbled consistency.
- Add ¼ cup melted vegan or regular butter and mix until combined. The crumble should be moldable.
- Pour your crumbled Stroopvafels into the bottom of a pan and press the crumble flat at the bottom and up the sides of the pan. Once your crumble is in the shape of a pie crust, place it in the fridge for 15 minutes to set.
- Transfer your pie filling to the pie pan and pop it in the oven on the middle shelf for 35-40 minutes.
At this point, your Stroovafel crust should be caramelized, and your filling fully cooked. Place in the fridge to cool. Once your pie has set, you are ready to slice and dig in. The baked caramel from the Stroopvafels adds the perfect combination of gooey-crunchy texture! The sweet and savory will dance on your taste buds while staying light in your tummy - don’t forget to top with your favorite vegan cream. We promise it will be a new favorite on the dessert table, and we guarantee your 1st place prize in any pie-making competition.